Provider Questions

Q: How do I become a Personal Support Worker (PSW)?

A: If you want to become a provider that supports I/DD individuals who receive services from the brokerage, the first step is to read through the PSW Information Packet to ensure that you understand the job duties and requirements. This is informational packet is also located at our Medford and Grants Pass Offices. Once you have read through this packet, and feel that you meet the job requirements, you will print out and complete the PSW Application Packet, and submit forms the the appropriate entities. You will need to have an approved Criminal History Check, be issued a SPD Provider ID number from ODDS, and be connected with the state’s billing system, Public Partnerships, LLC. before working as a PSW.

All new PSW’s must attend an orientation, and will need to contact the Oregon Home Care Commission for how to register for the training.

Both the Information Packet and the Application Packet are located on the Provider Forms page.

Q: What if I am already registered through ODDS as a PSW, and I want to work for an individual at Creative Supports, Inc.?

A: Because PSWs can work with individuals across the state of Oregon, you many have already been issued an SPD Provider ID number from ODDS. Creative Supports will still need you to complete a PSW Transfer Packet. This will allow our office to be able to confirm your Criminal History Check approval and your approved to work status, and allow us in assisting you with ensuring you are connected and properly set up with Public Partnerships, LLC.

This Transfer Packet is also located on the Provider Forms page.

Q: How do I become an Employment Professional (Job Coach)?

A: In order to become an Employment Professional, one must undergo specific training from the State within 60 days of being hired. See below for further Instructions. As a PSW, you cannot provide job coaching supports to the individual; PSWs can only provide ADL/IADL supports to individuals.

Q: When will I get paid?

A: If your time sheet is submitted by the 1st of the month and needs no additional corrections, you can expect to be paid in approximately two weeks. Take a look at the ODDS State Payroll Calendar titled, “PSW Payroll Calendar 2022” for specifics around submission due dates and payment dates. If you would like to receive ongoing text reminders of when eXPRS time sheets are due, text PSWpay to 787753. It is important to note that if your time sheet needs corrections and the time sheet is not corrected in a timely manner, that your payment may be delayed.

Q: How do I enter my own time sheets into eXPRS?

A: eXPRS has provided several guides to instruct PSWs on how to do this:

Q: How many customers can I serve at one time?

A: Typically, any time you are providing paid supports to a customer it must be 1:1, per Medicaid standards. If you are providing supports to more than one customer at the same time then you must indicate that it is in a group setting. If you are providing group supports, your rate will be pro-rated by the number of customers in the group.  (Meaning that you will receive the same hourly wage regardless of how many individuals you are with at any one time). 1:1= $14.65, 1:2 = $7.25 and so on.

Q: What are my Resources?

A: Link to PSW tool page, Home Care Commission site Personal Support Workers Resources

Q: What if my contact information changes?

A: You will need to ensure that your contact information is up-to-date with our office, with eXPRS/ODDS, and with Public Partnerships, LLC. There are two forms that need to be submitted so that your contact information is updated, listed below.

  • DHS/ODDS Change of Information form here. This form will need to be submitted to ODDS. This should update your information with Public Partnerships, LLC., as well.
  • Creative Supports, Inc. Contact form here. This form will need to be turned into our office.

Q: What constitutes a completed time sheet?

A: Click here for Timesheet Requirements

Q:  If I submit 4 time sheets at one time, how many progress notes do I need to write?

A:  You would need to write at least one progress note for each time sheet, in addition to one progress note for every month of service.

Q. If I forget to do a progress note on one time sheet, but I did them on previous ones, will I still be paid?

A:  A properly completed time sheet must include a progress note as of July 1, 2016. If a time sheet does not include a progress note, it is not considered to be properly completed and will be returned. We will attempt to contact you if the submitted time sheet does not include the necessary documentation.

Q. What if the supports I provide are exactly the same every day of the year? Do I need to write a progress note with each time sheet? Can it say the exact same thing each time?

A: The progress note should include a summary of the types of support you provided to the individual during that time period, and the individuals’ progress towards their goal. One progress note must be included for every month of service being recorded. It is perfectly fine to re-list the same supports every month as long as those supports were actually provided in the month you are claiming services for. Writing a progress note that only indicates supports provided to one specific event during that time period is not sufficient in Medicaid standards.

Here is a guide for writing progress notes.